HOTEL GUEST DIES OF LEGIONNAIRES’ DISEASE
A guest has died of Legionnaires’ disease at a hotel, with others who have stayed there warned to see if they have any symptoms.
One other guest, who stayed there at a different time, is said to have been treated for the same illness but has now recovered.
Both of those who fell ill were from Merseyside and had stayed at the Feather’s Hotel in Ludlow, Shropshire.
‘Sadly, the most recently diagnosed individual, who stayed at the hotel in July, has died,’ the BBC report a statement said.
The woman who died was in her sixties and had stayed at the hotel in July. The guest who recovered stayed there in April.
Legionnaire’s is a potentially fatal lung infection caused by breathing small droplets of water containing Legionella bacteria.
The hotel has voluntarily closed after tests linked the outbreak to bacteria within the plumbing.
Public Health England has advised them to overhaul and treat the plumbing to make sure this doesn’t happen again.